Sunday, August 6, 2017

Tea For Two, Me For You


Hello there!!!  I had a play creating an art journal spread with my inspiration being 2 challenge blogs and a Share With Sizzix challenge.

The "Share With Sizzix" is to use Tim Holtz's Flutter Stamps (Stamper's Anonymous) and Flutter Framelits (Sizzix).  The 3 butterflies I used on the spread are from these sets.  They are stamped with Archival Ink jet black onto Mixed Media Paper, die cut, and then color added with Distress Inks and Markers.  The antenna are hand drawn after gluing the butterflies on the page.


This week's Simon Says Monday Challenge is Food and/or Drink.  My first thought was tea as I'm a huge tea drinker.  My second thought was chocolate because, well, I love chocolate.  As you can see tea won out.  

One of the reasons tea won out is because of this month's main challenge at More Than Words which is Harmony & Song Lyrics

Since I already was thinking about tea the song that immediately popped into my head was Tea For Two.  That song just made an impact on me as a child and never left.  I think it goes well with the word inspiration, Harmony, because a good marriage has harmony.


This spread is done in a small Dylusions journal.  The pages already had some Dylusions paint on them and I built from there.  I really worked at not overthinking and going with things instead talking myself out of ideas.  It was fun.  The cup is hand drawn on cardstock that already has a small butterfly pattern debossed into it, cut out, and color added.  There is Texture Paste Opaque Crackle (Ranger Ink) through a stencil (Tim Holtz).  The couple is from Idea-ology Paper Dolls (Tim Holtz).  The small Wildflowers (Stampers Anonymous, Tim Holtz) are stamped with Distress Oxide Inks.  Composer Tissue Tape (Tim Holtz Idea-ology).  I used my Dymo for the song lyrics.  The tea label/string is real.  The stenciling around the sides and top (TCW stencil) is done with Distress Oxide Ink.  



5 comments:

Krista Hentges said...

Wow mom!!! You did an amazing job putting all those different challenge elements together to create something truly unique!!! I love it!! I am so proud to have you as an art inspiration in my life!! Love you!!

Heike`sAugenBlick said...

Hello Wanda, thank you so much for joining us at More Than Words. What a beautiful Art Journal page !! everything looks perfectly together!! Love that photo images in the tea cup!! well done !! Have an amazing day. xoxo Heike

Nicole Doiron said...

Oh, I love this! Brilliant work! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

Anguree Jansen Van Rensburg said...

Oh this is beautiful and so cheery with those gorgeous bright coloyrs. Thank you so much for joining us at More than Words xxx

langeatheart said...

Great take on our challenge this month! All the best from MTW! :)