Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Piggy Wonder


Hello!!  I needed a card for a pig lover and this is what I made.  My background uses the Tim Holtz 3D Botanical Embossing Folder.  I inked the flat side of the folder with Wendy's Archival Ink Pink Peony (Ranger), misted my paper (Ranger Mixed Media Paper) with water, put the paper in the folder and ran it through my Vagabond.  At that moment it was already beautiful, but I didn't stop.  After drying the paper I used Ranger's Liquid Platinum Embossing powder on the paper.  With my powder ready to go, I flicked my paper with water, immediately added the embossing powder tapping off the excess, and melted the powder.  Next I added the Liquid Platinum powder to edges using embossing ink.  The pig is an old stamp.  I stamped it on Ranger Water Color Paper with Archival Ink Jet Black, die cut the oval (Sizzix, Tim Holtz Stitched Ovals), embossed the edge with Liquid Platinum, and added color to the pig with Distress Ink and a Water Brush.  Color was added to the Tim Holtz Idea-ology metal piece with Distress Crayon.  



3 comments:

Paper Wishes said...

I love the embossing its a beautiful folder and the gilded details are very effective. Its great that there are people out there so enthusiastic about pigs.

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the image.xxx

Let's Art Journal said...

What a fabulous card! I love the way you created the vintage background with the embossing powders and your little pig is too cute 😁. Wishing you a Happy Weekend! J 😊